2-day training with Andrea Provaglio
Creating innovative and adaptive organizations
Andrea Provaglio is an independent professional in the field of Information Technology, with almost twenty years of working experience in three different continents.
He assists his clients in finding better ways to develop software and to create better development teams, and he supports individuals who want to improve technically and relationally.
2950 2750 PLN (650 EUR) + 23% VAT
Be quick! The first 2 people registered will receive GeeCON 2020 tickets!
The price includes lunch and coffee breaks.
Companies that manifest agility, those that are able to
quickly adapt to new environmental conditions and to
generate new opportunities, are based on leadership
models that rely on the participative, responsible
engagement of their people and on the decentralization of
some decisional processes.
This workshop will cover topics that span from the
organizational to the individual, and from the technical to
the humanistic, with the goal of supporting the
development of organizations that are ready to operate
effectively and efficiently in the 21st century.
Contents - day 1
LEADERSHIP AT THE ORGANIZATIONAL LEVEL
Contents - day 2
Complexity in market and organizational contexts:
business agility, continuous change and innovation
- The Cynefin framework: how it relates to business agility
- The traditional role of management and leadership
- Evolution in management and leadership (Situational
Leadership, Catalyst Leadership, other approaches)
- High-performing teams: Google's "Project Aristotle"
- Motivation and Engagement in intellectual workers
- How to create and enable self-organizing teams and keep
them aligned with the organization's strategic goals
- Shared responsibility in self-organizing teams
- Scaling self-organization beyond the single team:
coordination and alignment
- Case studies of organizations manifesting business agility
(including Spotify, Zappos, Valve, Semco)
LEADERSHIP AT THE INDIVIDUAL LEVEL
- Self-awareness: the foundation of leadership
- Dilt's Leadership Model: introduction
- The Personal Responsibility Process (Avery)
- Safety, Direction and Growth: manifesting your
leadership on these three essential dimensions
- The leader as a coach
- Promoting Psychological Safety in your teams
- Practices and tips for effective leadership
- Dilt's Leadership Model: application
- The role of leadership in self-organizing contexts
- Creating your own "leadership toolbox"
- References and other sources
We say that society progresses at the pace of its slowest
individuals. In a similar way, an organization can evolve
towards modern, adaptive and Agile models only at the
pace determined by the level of personal leadership of its
most influential individuals, whom others are willing to
follow towards a shared goal.
This workshop, on one hand, raises the level of awareness
about the characteristic meaning of leadership in Agile
contexts; on the other hand, it provides the attendees with
operational and self-awareness tools that they can use to
manifest their leadership in modern, innovative
organizations — those that are ready to fully operate in a
non-deterministic world subject to rapid changes in
technology, society and markets.
Clearly, such a wide topic cannot be deeply and thoroughly
explored in two training days. For this reason, this
workshop is designed to give the attendees ample
opportunities to experience first-hand some of the key
aspects through the active interaction with their colearners.
It also provides abundant references and
pointers that allow the attendees to continue on their own
individual leadership journey after the class.
Level and Prerequisites
- Executives, program and line managers, team leaders,
Scrum Masters, Agile coaches
- Intermediate/advanced; professional experience in
leading/managing teams is recommended
- An understanding of the fundamental Agile principles is
useful but not mandatory
- Effectively distinguish between management and
- Understand different leadership models for contexts of
complexity, uncertainty and rapid change
- How to apply operational and organizational
frameworks that are fit for a complex world
- Develop self-awareness as the foundation of your
- How to improve motivation, commitment and
responsibility (both individual and collective) in selforganizing
- How to be a leader and a coach in self-organizing teams
- How to scale self-organization on multiple,
- Interactive learning experience, with practical exercises
in groups of 4-5 people for about 50% of the time
- Frontal presentations, group and individual activities for
the remaining 50% of the time